Attn: CATIAHotline PLM’er,
Well after a much long awaited time V5R18 has finally shipped. I just wanted to address a few things that we have covered. When there is a new release I’ll probably repeat myself so if you remember this the bear with us and if you haven’t and you read this and have one of those ‘Ah Ha’ moments then this was all worth it.
1. Don’t forget the Service Pack. Service Pack 1 is available for downloading or ordering. To order it go to IBM PLM Technical Support and order it. Or you can download it here.
2. Updated your Admin CATSettings by redoing them.
3. Remove your User’s CATSettings.
4. Update your Standards
5. Remove the other Garbage that CATIA Places on your machine.
6. Reload your V5 Doc’s and read the Whats New Section.
7. Read the Program Directory.
8. Test Test Test. Always verify that your processes that are important to your way of doing business still works.
I’m sure there are a few other things out there. And if you can think of one or more ideas then hey drop me a line and I’ll add to the list.